The Post Where I Whine About My Mushy Body

It's been a while since I last posted.
Sorry!

It seems like life just gets in the way.
Meetings. Naps. Baths. Playtime. Grocery shopping.
It all tends to pile up and muddle my days. However, I'm working on it. I'm working on carving out little pieces of time for myself - time to do what I want, what makes me happy.
But it. Is. Hard.
I don't have to tell you that, though.
Painting my toenails, writing blogs, relaxing in a bath, shaving my legs ---- they all seem like luxuries these days. Haha!


This is my crazy child.

This is my child giving me a heart attack/eating the high chair at a  pizza place.

My child trying to eat me.




So, where to begin with an update...?
Maybe starting with my Nosy Nelly would be easiest.
My best gal is now 9 1/2 months old. Well, really she's nearing 10 months old. That, my friends, is just flat out crazy.

At 9 months old, LC...
- LOVES baths
- would rather explore the house than play with toys
- crawls all over the place
- can pull up
- says "dada" and "uh oh" quite a bit






Now for the ugly part.
At nearly 10 months postpartum, I still admittedly rock my maternity jeans.
Ughhhh. I can shimmy into some of my pre baby clothes, but I have all these strange lumps now. And I'm so squishy! I gained nearly 50 pounds when carrying LC, and I am still hanging on to at least 5 of those pounds. But I feel like it's in different places. Am I the only one? Please tell me no.

I'd love to have lost all of my baby weight....eh, my pizza & ice-cream weight, really....by the time LC turns 1 year old. I don't feel like that's asking too much. Two months until she's one. That's 8 weeks to get it right. I can do this. Right????

I guess I'm putting this out there - publicly whining about it - so that you'll keep tabs on me. Check in, ask how it's going. Knock the candy bar or ice-cream outta my hand. That kind of stuff. It's pitiful, but I can't do it alone. I just can't --- I've tried! Without folks pushing me, checking on me, encouraging me, I slip back into my lazy couch, pizza routine. I'm a boss at meal planning, but it's just so easy to choose Zaxby's or Dairy Queen over my healthy meals. Ughhh. First class ticket on the struggle bus, guys.

Adam recently started an Adovcare 24 Day Challenge and is loving it. He's lost weight. Feels better.
And I'm jealous.
I want to look better.
I wanna have more energy.
 I wanna fit into my clothes!!!

So, with that being said, I've decided.
I'm gonna do it too.
And let me tell you, I was skeptical.
I'm always skeptical of stuff you buy.
But seeing is believing, right?

I'm gonna start a 24 Day Challenge on May 1st and you're welcome to join me. I can help us meal plan if you help keep me in line! :) There's a short video on the challenge that I watched; I found it to be pretty informative. www.24DayChallengeMovie.com

Either way, please check in with me.
Ask me how it's going.
Read my blog posts for updates.
Ask if I forget.
And don't hesitate to be mean to me if I'm slurping down a Blizzard. ;)


LC's 9 month photos - this is the first photo of us together that I actually like - I didn't cringed at the way I look!  



Comments

  1. Pretty good post! I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed write-an-essay.org/college-paper reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one!!! I wore my maternity jeans for at least at year before I finally FORCED myself to put them in storage!! and yes, I weigh a few pounds more than I did before I got pregnant but I carry it totally differently than before. I need to get in shape too. Help me meal plan! I'm tired of chicken and rice. urgh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much need to do the same thing, Mary. Gotta get those outta the house!

      Delete
  3. I finally lost all the weight I gain while pregnant after a year but my pre pregnancy clothes didn't fit the same as they did before. So now I'm rockin the mid rise jeans instead of low rise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. What does it say about me that I enjoy mid-rise jeans more than the low ones? ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts