I've been lazy....


My mom called me out on this one.
She said that I haven’t written a blog in far too long.
I guess ya can always count on moms to keep you in line! :D

Blogging was really sparse towards the end of 2012. Really.
And I have no idea what I was doing.
I ran.
I ate.
And I watched tv.

I’m embarrassed to say that the number of television series I completed outnumbers the books I read. Can we say couch potato? This year is shaping up to be a little better, and I’m determined to realign my priorities!

In time, I’ve heard my grandmother say that you make time for what you want to do. It’s kinda ridiculous how much time I spend scrolling around on Facebook, so I plan on quelling that nasty habit, too. 

So, where are my priorities? Allow me to elaborate….

Reading
I’m a readin’ machine lately. It probably has something to do with the Accelerated Reader  (AR) points wall we have at school. AR is where you read a book, take a test on the book, and then you get pointes based on the thickness of the book and how well you did on the test. We did this when I was in elementary and middle school; I loved it then, and I love it now. I love talking to the kids at school about which books they recommend and having casual discussions about how great a certain book or character is. I’ve been rereading the Harry Potter series and many of my other once loved books in my collection.
Writin’
I’ve always had this crazy thought.
This “I kinda want to…” feeling …
This hidden dream, desire, longing…
to be a writer.
It’s always been one of those, in another life, I’d probably be a writer things.
But it’s also one of those there’s no way I’m good enough kind of things, too.
Writers write, not watch endless hours of The Walking Dead, Revenge, Frasier, or White Collar.
Running
In order to keep buying cute running accessories, apparently I have to keep running. Ok. Whatever.
So, I signed up with TNT (again!) to run a marathon (!!!) this spring. That’s 26.2 miles, my friend, twenty-six-point-two. Starting this Saturday, my training runs will be in the double digits, and that scares me! But I can do it. Fo sho.
Honestly, when I’m running, I try to not think about the distance I have to cover. Instead I convert the distance into approximate time. Then the time into calories. Then the calories (burned, of course) into how much food I can eat when I’m  finished! That’s truly what keeps me motivated. J

Now, Photo Friday:




New running shoes, hydration, and GARMIN!


Fall trip to and Auburn game with the Hubs.


Sweet messages of encouragement on donation checks make me smile.







And then this one time, I actually PLACED in a 5K race!





The brother. I like that kid.


And then my cooking idol responded to me on Facebook. Swoon!

Love my mommy.




Comments

Popular Posts