Your Pity Party Invite

Yeah, so let's get this straight from the get-go: this is a blog post in which I will complain.

A lot.

So, this is your chance to escape.
Do it now, before you get drawn into my non-drama.
Yeah, non-drama.
And my stream-of-consciousness blabberings.
Seriously.

Without further ado, I present to you the non-drama of an overly (not really) stressed woman. 

I'M SOOOO TIRED! I could literally crawl into the bed right this very minute and sleep for twelve hours - no lie - I'm just that worn out. I woke up early this morning to hit the gym - I was up at stinkin' 4:30 in the morning. No person should be awake at that hour. But since I knew I had a meeting after school, the only time I could make the gym was early. Why not just skip the gym? Great idea; it's so great that I've been skipping the gym for a week now! Yeah, skipping the gym and stress eating. Who knew? This week, I've discovered that I love teaching 4th graders, I have the propensity to stress eat things made solely of sugar, and leading a Balanced Life is hard. Hard. Almost as hard as fitting into my pants these days.

Back to this morning's pre-crack of dawn happenings. With my water bottle in hand, I be-bopped through the house to the garage door. I was ready to pump some iron. Then I acknowledged my dogs. One, the gigantic one, was sick. Sick. Poor guy. No gym for me. So, I'm up at 4:30 in the morning to take care of a majorly sick dog and not work out. Great.


Poor guy   :(



Honestly, that's it.
I know. I know. 
There are a bajillion more people with more to juggle and are much more stressed than I am.
I know.
But that doesn't change the fact that I feel it.
I feel the stress of trying to do too much.
And I don't like it.
I don't do well with stress.
I don't do well with spreading myself thin.
I don't do well not functioning at 100%.

There's some beautiful quote somewhere by someone about doing one thing well or many things mediocre.
I don't do well with mediocre.
And I feel like that's what I'm giving.
I'm being mediocre at all things.
Wife.
Teacher.
Daughter.
Friend.
Runner.
CrossFitter.
And it just flat out stinks.
Like sweaty kids after P.E.
Stinks.


The hard thing, though, is realizing that something has to give. It is impossible to do everything at 100%. It has to be. Therefore, I must choose: what do I want to do well. Perhaps later there will be more time for other things. But as for now, something's gotta give.

Maybe it should be the cooking. I'm pretty sure I could live off of these for a while....


It does have protein...

Comments

  1. You have a perfect smile. You're perfectly big hearted when it comes to caring. You have perfect aim with a marshmallow shooter. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts