Different - Like Steven Tyler

In high school, one of my closest friends had a cool older brother - he had an epic music collection and let us borrow his CDs. She also had a younger brother, and as younger brothers go, she sometimes didn't get along with him.

Ahhh, high school chums. :)


With her room next to her younger brother's, she'd often get so angry when he played his favorite band, Aerosmith, over and over again. In fact, she began to dislike Aerosmith so much that we'd have to change the radio station at the first strum of Joe Perry's guitar.

It's hard not to think of her when I hear Aerosmith on the radio, but I don't always change the channel. Today, I didn't switch stations when "Dream On" came on - I listened to it for the first time in a while. Now, it's not my favorite song, and they aren't my favorite band. But I listened.



Have you ever noticed how different this song is from the rest? That's actually Steven Tyler's real voice. I like.

 But, today, Aerosmith got me to thinking about how different things are going to be soon.
Well, soon as in tomorrow.

Gulp.

Tonight's the last night I go to sleep with a mystery in my belly. What's in there? 
Welp, tomorrow's the big day. The last time I saw Bitty Baby Hill was when I was 8 weeks along. It was a barely identifiable blob. I imagine things will be different tomorrow.

I'm so excited.
Nervous.
Worried.
Scared.
Elated.


Really, I think Jessie knows what I'm talking about.  ;)


Comments

Popular Posts