I'm a Keeper, Part 2

In one moment, it happened.
I became a liar.
I remember clearly the feelings of deciept that swept over me.

But before you pass judgement, let me explain.

Last week I claimed to be a keeper.
I wrote about keeping stuff, memories and overall just being a sentimental goober.
And I am, really.

But not always, I suppose.
And that's what makes me somewhat a liar.

See, I love these memories Adam, LC, and I are making.
The chaos.
The fun.
The mess.
It's wonderful.
It's wonderfully memorable.
But at times, it's also terrible.
Terribly chaotic.
Terribly messy.
And terribly stressful.

Eating my ice cream
Crying because the donkey made a noise.


I know I'm not alone here. I'm not the only person struggling to sift through the crazy chaos of the day to enjoy the little moments. Laughing when the bowl of crackers is spilled all over the place. Or not losing my cool when a child turns into an octopus while trying to get them dressed. It's hard to enjoy life when you're just trying to clean the kitchen or make it somewhere on time or just have on a clean outfit for more than three minutes. Stressful. I know I'm not alone here.

So it was no surprise to me when I noticed something in the mirror. Ok, that's a lie. It was a complete and total shock. Either way, it was there. Perched on my face as if it has always belonged. Nestled in my normal little eyebrow was a lone silver hair.


It was one of those moments that really render you speechless - in the worst way possible. This was not supposed to ever happen. I'm 27 for crying out loud (cough cough, right mom and dad??).

And in that moment, I knew it could not remain.
So while I will proudly keep the treasured relics I talked about, keep the good and terrible memories that we make, I just couldn't bare to keep that.


 

So, thank you work, thank you Adam, thank you LC, thank you life.
But this fabulous little grey hair ONE of you caused is not a keeper.
No way. No thank you. Not even.


Comments

Popular Posts