The Running Chronicles: Day 1


In case you missed it, I’m taking the plunge.
I’m putting on my big girl panties and am gonna do it.
Thirteen point one miles.

That’s right – I’m going to do the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in April. That’s 13.1 chilly, hilly miles on nothing my little ole feet. Crazy, I know, but it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a few years now. And, honestly, why not?
But really, here’s the reason:
I’m training with a group known as TNT, or Team in Training. TNT is part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, so I’m doing this for an amazing cause. I get to train with other great crazies trying to run 13.1/26.2. The part I’m worried about, though, is that I have to raise $1,800 by myself.

Annnnnyway…
Yesterday marked the first day of training on my calendar.
Two miles.
Easy, I thought to myself.

I dressed, got Buddy and my iPod, and headed out to circle the neighborhood twice. Twenty minutes later, I sauntered back into the house feeling pretty good about myself. I had a couple things to pick up at the store, so I decided to head on out to town before getting ready for a friend’s Thanksgiving Lunch.
As always, I managed to get lost in Wal-Mart while looking for the chips. It was 10 o’clock by the time I made it back to the house --- two hours after my run. As I walked into the house, I could feel a wave of the crazies washing over me.  I knew I should have eaten something immediately after my run…
To make a long (and embarrassing) story short, I yelled at Adam for putting away the clean dishes and moving too much. THEN I cried because he made fun of me.

Cough cough. 


First Lesson Learned: Always eat after running or you’ll look like a fool.


P.S.
If you wanna be a sweetheart and help a sista out, click on one of those ads casually hanging out on the side of the page. Google'll give me sweet moolah for that, and I'm gonna use it towards my $1800 goal!

Comments

Popular Posts