It's 5 o'clock in the morning...

I tend to have great ambition. I set my sights high.
Like setting my Saturday alarm for 5:02 a.m. - it's still dark.
So, like the granny that I am, I'm awake at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning trying to be quite because my husband is the sane one that sleeps late when given the chance.

For the past three months, my Saturday mornings have been spent getting up early to go run. By the time many of you read this, I will have seven miles under my belt - or rather, under my shoes. Har-har.
Amazingly, every Friday night when I paw around for my running clothes and each cold, Saturday morning as I drive to our group run location, I get this sick feeling in my stomach.

What if I can't run the whole time? What if I can't run five miles? Six? SEVEN?
But I always do.

Yeah, I get nervous about going out to run. Weird. Maybe it's because I'm so excited or want to do well.

After Last Saturday's Six Mile Run
Now to the point of the blog:
Usually, I run without music, but I would like to change it up this week.
Here are some songs I like to run to:

"Play Your Part" by Girltalk
"We Used to Wait" by Arcade Fire
"Raspberry Beret" by Prince
"Lonely Boy" by Black Keys
"Till the World Ends" by Britney Spears
"Our of My Head" by Lupe Fiasco
"Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj
"POWER" by Kanye West
"Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse
"One More Time" by Daft Punk

Any suggestions?

P.S. Click on the link to help me raise moo-lah for my Team in Training goal.

P.P.S. Please don't make me look like a fool - asking for suggestions and getting none! :D


No idea what I'm talking about? Read about my goal to raise $1,800 and run 13.1 miles for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society here.

Comments

  1. Duh...Back that Thang Up...of course. Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you ran 7 miles. That is incredible.
    Second, Houdini by Foster the People will definitely keep you going.
    Third, You should be so proud of yourself for just getting out and being active! Whether you run the entire time or not! You're a champion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm...definitely some Sigur Ros and why don't you try M83's Midnight City? Super proud of you with that whole 7 miles thing...keep it up...you rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts