2013, in Reverie


Waaay back in 2011 (seems like forever ago, eh?), I happened upon a lady's blog. Ok, ok. I was blog stalking her because she was training for a marathon and read a lot of cool books and I kinda wanted to be her. She completed this interesting questionnaire at the end of the year. So, wanting to be her, I copied.

I got to thinking about it last night when I couldn't sleep.
Now, let's talk 2013...

The Year 2013

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Single best thing...? Uhmmm. That's really tough.
I think that the best thing that happened this past year was going to stay with my parents for a week. A.Hill and I loaded up our dogs and headed to the hills of Tennessee for a week during July. I enjoyed spending my days sleeping in, eating food I didn't have to cook, and getting to see my awesome family.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
My job description changed. Again.
This time, I became a Creative Writing teacher.
For K-5 students.
Yeah, I work with the little munchkins now.
It's really tested my patience.
How do you spell hungry? What time is it? What's the capitol of Arizona? Do you capitalize mom? Can you tie my shoe? When is lunchtime? He looked at me funny. Where are the crayons? 
 
Holy smokes was it a change. But I love it. They love you unconditionally, and that's something to be cherished. 

Also, running a marathon. That mess was hard.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
I got to vacation in Alaska.
Never thought it would happen.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Buying a new car.
Decisions are hard.
I think we looked at and test drove a bajillion different vehicles at a bajillion different dealerships before settling on one.
Being wishy washy is a hard job, friends.

5. Pick three words to describe 2013
Quick.
Adventurous.
Bacon.

We ate a lot of bacon in 2013.
Not ashamed.

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Race-filled.
Busy.
Fun.

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).
Busy.
Exciting.
Quick.

8. What were the best books you read this year?
I'm embarrassed to admit that I finished more tv series than books. Watching tv is kinda like reading, right...?
Tear Jerker: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Favorite YA Book in a Series: Divergent by Veronica Roth (and the others, too!)
Didn’t Think I’d Love It but Did: AWOL on the Appalachian Trail by David Miller (now I really wanna hike the AT!)

9. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
While I'm by no means really fit, my biggest personal change is a shift from sitting on the couch (a lot!) to working out AND running. In July, A.Hill and I started CrossFit and we love it. It's all about overall fitness and nutrition - how could that be bad?
10. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
Failing to plan is planning to fail.
For reals.

Comments

Popular Posts