I Lean and Loafe


The melodic song of my wind chimes drifts over to me.
I watch as the slight breeze makes my flowers dance.
I smile as the warm sunshine graciously tans my winter paled feet.

I sit alone on my front porch.
And that’s the way I like it after a day at work – after hours of people. And voices.
I plan. I think. I connive. I unwind.
Alone.
You know, “to be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.”
Thanks, Thoreau.

Here, I am content. Introspective. Sensitive. Ambitious.
Here, I am not confined.
Here, I loafe and invite my soul.
And here, in this moment, my soul is happy.



For two weeks, I'm taking part in the Scintilla Project and responding to daily prompts.
Today's Prompt:
What does your everyday look like? Describe the scene of your happiest moment of every day.


Comments

Popular Posts