OHMYGOSH!!!

It's funny how things work out, you know?
I don't keep in touch with a lot of friends from high school. It's a shame, I know, but we've all gone our separate ways. One friend, though, we've always been able to pick up right where we left off. There's never any awkwardness about it. Oddly enough, she now lives in Alabama - way far south, but we still live in the same state, and that makes me smile. I've been fortunate enough to have her as a guiding friend through this pregnancy; at the end of April, she and her husband gave birth to their first child - a beautiful baby girl. Katie has told me lots about what to expect, what has worked for her, and things I need to buy immediately. I've ogled over the pictures she's sent me of her baby girl, dreaming about the pictures I will soon send her.

Ahhh, 2005!


Last week, Katie and her sweet family were traveling right past my town and stopped for a quick visit. I just wanted to lay my eyes on her new babe! Adorable doesn't even begin to describe her. Like a true friend, Katie handed her 6 week old daughter over to me without any hesitation. Yes, that's a true, blue, stuck like glue friend right there because I've never held a baby that young! Nervous and sweating bullets, I cradled baby in my arms trying to stay statue still. That little wiggle worm kept moving! And she looked at me. And then she moved again. And she was adorable! Somewhere between making sure I didn't drop her and rubbing her cute little baby head, I almost peed my pants.

HOLY SMOKES! I'M GOING TO HAVE ONE OF THESE. IT'S COMING OUT IN JUST A FEW WEEKS AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH IT! THIS ONE IS 6 WEEKS OLD - MINE IS GOING TO BE SMALLER THAN THIS!!! 


I've been having those OMG moments more frequently...
When I'm admiring my tidy house,
When I'm lounging on the couch watching my 6th consecutive episode of 30 Rock,
When I'm fixing dinner in the quiet solitude of the kitchen  - BAM! It'll hit me as if the thought has never before crossed my mind.

Bless Katie's sweet, patient heart. I was so awkward holding her precious baby. I had no idea what to do, how to feed, how to burp - I've never even changed a diaper! Katie was so calm the entire time I held her daughter captive. I know that if I had been in her shoes, I would have snatched my babe right back. This gal has no idea about babies, and I'm sure it was painful to watch. <3


It's a strange realization that things are about to change (duh) so drastically. I mean, it's really about to be different around here. Really.

And I can't wait.
But as my dad has always said, yep, you sure can! ;)

2 weeks and 4 days to go!


I have been too lazy to take a 37 week picture. Shame on me! :)



Comments

Popular Posts